Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dee-1: The Future of Hip-Hop

Whoever said hip-hop is dead... I'm sorry to say my friend but hip-hop is now back!

I absolutely love music. This might sound cliché but music truly is my therapy. I like all types of music, but looking at my mp3 player, you will find more rap than anything. The thing with me is I only like the beat when it comes to rap music. I usually don't listen to the words because I'm not a fan of all the explicit language and disrespectful lyrics, and now days that's all you hear in rap music.


BUT THERE'S  HOPE!!! An underground rapper from New Orleans, Louisiana is making our future look good when it comes to hip-hop. He goes by the name of Dee-1.


One day I was watching MTV Jam's and I saw this unfamiliar guy with dreads appear on my screen. I kept  watching because I thought he was cute. I found it funny because in his song called Writer's Block he says, "About 50 girls are only listening because I'm cute." After listening to his lyrics, I was hooked. THIS GUY IS THE TRUTH! He speaks with wisdom and intelligence in an urban way. He's not like these current rappers rapping about violence, woman and money. He even mentioned in a song that he doesn't use profanity. He's very positive by encouraging people to follow their dreams. But don't let him fool you. He stood his ground schooling these current rappers on what they are doing wrong in the rap game. Click out the video...



Check out his CDs... I Am Who I Am & David & Goliath.

No comments:

Post a Comment